Introduction: Visit Gallery
List of selected participants CAC
Carmel Art Carnival --- With Her
The world's first women-led platform for creative freedom!
Since ancient times till present day, art has always spoken of women's rights and divinity. We at Carmel believe that every girl is special & unique, and has the power to create magic through her creativity & arts. To celebrate women empowerment & dauntless bravery of girls, we are bringing to you, a woman-centric carnival on the 3rd & 4th of January 2020, directed 'BY HER', expressed 'WITH HER', and staged 'FOR HER'.
The platform is to promote the artist, edifying their courage and confidence, to be who they are, and believing that all is achievable and the sky is the limit! Along with this, we will curate the art within the artist and take it to unimaginable heights, that the artist deserves.
More than 600 artists from the performing & non-performing categories, will be participating in the carnival with over 50,000 thousand expected visitors, coming in attendance. The 2-day event will be concluded with a Mega Musical Concert by the popular rock band - Bandishien.
The art carnival will be one of the most vibrant and exciting events, ever to be witnessed by Bhopal.
Carmel invites registrations from all girl student artists from schools of Bhopal, for the 2 day event (3rd January & 4th January 2020) at the Carmel Art Carnival at Carmel Convent Sr. Sec. School Campus, B.H.E.L.
How can I register for the Carnival?
- Registrations are open from 5th December at www.wetap.club .
- Artists/Exhibitors must follow the procedure prescribed while registering for the CAC-2020.
- Only duly filled application forms will be accepted. Incomplete application forms are liable to be rejected.
- Carmel Convent - BHEL, authority reserves the right to accept or reject any application, at its sole discretion.
- All registered artists will be presented to the Selection Panel and will be allotted stalls post selection.
- The registration fee of Rs. 300/- is to be paid online at the time of registration and is non-refundable. In case of unrealised payment, the candidature to participate will stand cancelled, and no further correspondence on the issue shall be entertained by Carmel Convent BHEL.
What is the selection process?
- Artists need to come for the audition/ interview/ display as part of the selection process. An email will be sent detailing the time, venue and day of presentation.
- Selected artists will be informed well in advance by email. No enquiry will be entertained after that.
- The list of selected applicants will be uploaded on www.wetap.club, also, they will be updated through the SMS and E-mail.
How do I display my art?
- The stalls at “Carmel Art Carnival” (CAC-2020) organized by the Carmel Convent Sr. Secondary School, B.H.E.L., Bhopal, are meant for the exhibition of visual art. As part of Carmel’s art promotional activities, the stalls will be allotted for the use of visual art exhibition, by registered girl students/ artists.
- Selected artists will be allotted 15x15 ft. stall on shareable basis at the venue.
- The selected applicant can bring one female volunteer along at the carnival.
- No artist or group of artists will be allowed allotment for a second time.
- The stalls are not chargeable and would include a stall shared by two, 2 tables, 4 chairs, 2 light sockets, 2 bulbs, 2 holders and a facia (displaying the artist name and stall number).
- All other requirements need to be brought in by the artist.
Instructions for artists?
Selected artists will have to report to the venue at 7:00am in order to avail their stall and set up their exhibits.
No banners of larger than 3x6 ft. may be displayed without prior permission.
Bring your own food in case of restrictions or prescriptions.
Non- performing Artist:
Food stalls will be responsible for their own quality and hygiene control and may be removed in case found to be lacking in: raw material quality, enough safety with cooking appliances, proper water quality, waste disposal (Dustbins must be brought by self), no use of single-use plastic in either cooking or serving, no set up will be provided for sitting around the food stall.
Chef caps, apron and gloves are mandatory for the artist who is involved in food handling at the stall (Cooking/ making/ serving etc.) No personal music system/ set up would be allowed at the venue.
For performing artists a stage of 20/12 ft. will be provided along with suitable audio set up with a ramp and a green room. Any additional requirements may be intimated 7 days prior to the day of performance and will be considered.
The time slots for the performing artists will be communicated well in advance through email.
Minimum performance time is 5 mins and maximum 30 mins. (If a particular art form has a particular requirement we must be intimated at the earliest and will be considered in accordance to our feasibility).
The performing artist needs to report 2 hours before the performance time allotted. In case of delay, the performance will be rejected.
Choose your volunteer wisely. Bring a help not liability!
- Your volunteer is vital for your art promotion and helps you in communicating with the stall visitors and must be a female supporter (Friend, Sister, Mom, Aunt etc.)
- Volunteers have to strictly adhere to the prescribed rules and regulations including wearing an I Card throughout the duration.
- Any misconduct on part of the volunteer will result in immediate disqualification and shutting down of the exhibit.
- Bring your own food in case of restrictions or prescriptions.
What the artist gets if registered and selected?
- A registration kit (I card, Certificate, Lapel pin/ Medal)
- An Organic Breakfast, Lunch and High Tea
- Organic breakfast on the 3rd January 2020 – 8am to 10am
- Organic vegetarian lunch (Both days) – 12pm to 2pm
- High tea (Both days) (4pm-5pm)
- 10 passes for friends and family to the event
- A digital creative for Facebook, Insta, Twitter and Whatsapp (Photoshoot if required)
- No reservations will be made on a verbal request. All requests for booking of stalls must be made on the prescribed online application form. The application should be complete in all respects.
- The carnival timings are from 10:00am to 7:30pm on the 3rd of January 2020.
- All the selected participants are requested to come at 7:00am (reporting time) on the first day of the exhibition, that is 3rd January 2020.
- On the second day, 4th January 2020 the carnival will start from 9:30am, and will end at 6:30pm.
- The mega-musical concert by the famous rock band 'Bandishein' will commence at 7:00pm onwards, on the 4th of January 2020.
- Smoking or consumption of liquor or drugs is strictly prohibited at the campus.
- Carmel Convent - BHEL reserves the right to amend or modify any of these rules or make new rules without any notice or assigning any reasons.
- No entry will be entertained without passes. From a single pass, two people can enter the carnival.
- All exhibits/ art/ material may be left at the venue to be displayed again the next day, at the sole responsibility of the artist/ exhibitor .
- 4 security guards will be at the venue for the exhibit safety and security from 8:00pm to 8:00am the next day.
- No artist shall be allowed to remain in the carnival before or after the specified timings except with prior written permission from the Event Co-ordinator.
- Carmel reserves the right to deny exhibition of art in case found to be objectionable by any standards or due to any reason, which will not be disclosed by the Selection Committee/ Jury.
- Carmel Convent will take all reasonable care but accepts no responsibility for theft of artworks or artworks damaged by fire, storm, flood or accident. It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to take care of their stalls.
- In case of a medical history or prognosis, kindly inform the management before hand and in case of health risks and other medical possibilities kindly refrain from registering.
- Carmel will not be responsible for cases of pre-existing medical condition or complications that manifest on the venue, during the carnival.
- One ambulance, 1 duty doctor and 1 nurse, security personnel, police will be present at the venue throughout the event.
- First aid kit is available with all emergency numbers mentioned.